Site Navigation

Feb 16, 2015

Website/Blog Update in the Works

Just a quick heads up. Google has mandated that all web sites must use SSL (HTTPS) or risk being down ranked sometime in the near future. I can find no evidence that Google has any interest in updating blogger.com to support their own mandate. So I am in the process of migrating this blog to my blueskyworkshop.com site. For me, this involves creating some very simple blogging software to run both my blog and my site. Consequently, I have not been posting as often as I would like.

I have looked at a number of static site blogging engines like Jekyll, but they all seem to be a bit complicated. So my goal is to create something really simple that supports Markdown with YAML front matter. My hope is to create Ruby and Java versions. So watch this space for updates.

In the meantime, I haved added a section for my favorite links a below the main posts. This is a feed of bookmarks of interest I am posting on https://pinboard.in. So the posts are sorta like a twitter feed except they are organized and indexed in a useful way by Pinboard.

Post a Comment

Favorite Links Feed