A few months back I wrote a post wondering why Yahoo had gutted the Tech section on their web site. Well now we have the answer. Yahoo was simply doing a reboot.
We were tipped off when Yahoo hired David Pogue was hired away from the NY Times. Well anyway the new Yahoo Tech site launched yesterday. They have made a few changes including:
- The site is much more visual now. Every story has some sort of picture associated with it.
- The new design has a simple tiled interface that works well on mobile devices. It uses an infinite content approach so more stories appear as you scroll down.
- Sections are now News, Columns, Review, Pogue Videos, How Tos, Kickstarter Reviews, and Ask Pogue. Mr Pogue is pretty prolific when it comes to content so I think he can handle all that focus.
- RSS feeds. At least I don't see any.
- Open source and Linux content areas. They were one of the few major sites that actually covered those areas.
Anyway, check it out. It will be interesting to see how the site evolves.