Site Navigation

Nov 14, 2013

Safari really slow in iOS 7

Problem: Safari on iOS 7 is really slow loading pages

In my case, Safari on my new iPad Air 7.0.3 is painfully slow. Pages that normally load in 1 or 2 seconds are taking 10 or 20 seconds. Closing and opening tabs seems to help but eventually Safari will bog down and get really slow.

Curiously, the alternative Atomic and Mercury browser work fine. Pages load really fast with no issues.

Solution: Turn off iCloud syncing for Safari

Go to Settings -> iCloud and unselect Safari. That’s it, Safari should be all snappy again.

Why this works? My guess? The syncing code for iCloud is somehow messed up. I am probably an edge case as I use a lot of Apple devices (5 normally) on a regular basis. But my bookmarks are pretty limited. But my reading list is large. Anyway in the end, I really do not know.

Thanks to the iMore forums for the fix!

Post a Comment

Favorite Links Feed