Site Navigation

Aug 12, 2013

Find out Where you got a Redhat Package

For my current project I am working with Oracle Linux which from a usage standpoint is the same as RedHat Linux. So the question came up, where did I or can I get a package? Turns out you can look that up.

To get the list of installed packages run:

    rpm -qa

To search for the RPM you are interested in run:

    rpm -qa | grep RpmName

Where RpmName is the name of the RPM you are looking for. For example, if I want to find the RPM for iotop I would use:

    rpm -qa | grep iotop

If the RPM is installed, it should be spit out from the command. Once you know the package is indeed installed, then run the following command to get detailed information about the RPM.

    rpm -qi iotop

That is all.

Post a Comment

Favorite Links Feed