Site Navigation

Aug 7, 2013

Create a Font Keyboard Shortcut in Word 2007

In my work, I have to assign the Courier New font to text repeatedly. I used to do this using the existing interface, but after awhile it was so cumbersome I could not stand it. So, I created my own keyboard shortcut. Here are the steps.

  1. Click the Word Icon.
  2. Click the Word Options at the bottom of the screen.
  3. In the left pane select Customize.
  4. At the bottom of the screen you will see the Customize button for keyboard shortcuts.
  5. From the Categories pick list scroll down to the Fonts option.
  6. Select the font you want to assign a shortcut too. In my case, I selected Courier New.
  7. Click the Press new shortcut key box enter the shortcut you want to use. In my case, Ctl-Shift-N.
  8. Click Assign. That shortcut is now assigned to that font assignment.
  9. Click Close

That’s it. Hope it helps.

Post a Comment

Favorite Links Feed