In my work, I have to assign the Courier New font to text repeatedly. I used to do this using the existing interface, but after awhile it was so cumbersome I could not stand it. So, I created my own keyboard shortcut. Here are the steps.
- Click the Word Icon.
- Click the Word Options at the bottom of the screen.
- In the left pane select Customize.
- At the bottom of the screen you will see the Customize button for keyboard shortcuts.
- From the Categories pick list scroll down to the Fonts option.
- Select the font you want to assign a shortcut too. In my case, I selected Courier New.
- Click the Press new shortcut key box enter the shortcut you want to use. In my case, Ctl-Shift-N.
- Click Assign. That shortcut is now assigned to that font assignment.
- Click Close
That’s it. Hope it helps.