Solution: You can add default search domains pretty easily. The only thing that is hard is to find the actual dialog box to enter the information. :) To get to the dialog do the following.
- Click on Start -> Control Panel -> View Network Status and Tasks.
- Then on the upper left side of the screen click Change Adapter Settings.
- Right click the network adapter you are using. Choose Properties.
- Select one of the Internet Protocol drivers (either will work). Click Properties.
- In the Protocol Dialog, click the Advanced button.
- Click the DNS tab.
- Halfway down the page you will see a box labeled "Append these DNS Suffixes". Enter your company domains here. For example:
That is it. Simple. :)